Pleasure House is a name quickly becoming recognised within the Midlands’ indie scene and afar. With each track seemingly outdoing the last, it’s no wonder that they are building up quite the following.
‘Like A Drug’ is the most recent party piece to come from the Birmingham based quartet and some fans may know it from the band’s live sets. With tropically infused guitar riffs, echoing those on past tracks like, ‘Blow My Mind’ taken from their demo and previous single ‘Sunrise’, the track sees the band splashing their summery vibes and sense of escapism throughout the single. Frontman Alex Heffernan’s strong vocal once again booms throughout the song, as he croons ‘take your aim & hit me like a drug.’ A slow building intro, where Heffernan’s vocal is predominate until the instruments bound through, is a key feature seen in many of the band’s other tracks, but a technique that works well for them, enticing listeners in before smothering them in grooves impossible not to dance to.
Immersed in melodies and their sun-drenched euphoria, ‘Like A Drug’ is undoubtedly one of their best yet. With another chorus that’s beyond infectious and tight and funky rhythms, the song in general is “addictive.”
Pleasure House’s sound couldn’t define indie-pop more perfectly and for a DIY band, their music appears ridiculously accomplished.
Keep an ear open for the track and an eye out for its release on October 9th!
Also make sure to catch the band on their UK tour over the next few months.
Pleasure House will play:
- Night and Day, Manchester (02/09)
- Slade Rooms [w/ Ryan Evans & All Hail Regale], Wolverhampton (05/09)
- The Bedford, London (14/09)
- Tooting Tram & Social, London (25/09)
- The Jam House, Birmingham (29/09)
- MK11, Milton Keynes (04/10)
- Rainbow [w/Faith & Breeze], Birmingham (10/10)
- Verve Bar, Leeds (16/10)
- Slade Rooms, Wolverhampton (17/10)
- Camden Barfly [w/Vynce], London (20/11)
- Sunflower Lounge, Birmingham (28/11)